The Saginaw Police Department is a member of the Saginaw County Prevention Coalition
To be successful, Saginaw County’s prevention system must involve partners of agencies, faith-based organizations, and individuals that are committed to decreasing substance use disorder through a collaborative and coordinated process of:
● comprehensive community planning for and evaluation of outcomes;
● promoting evidence-based strategies;
● maximizing resources for youth, families, and communities;
● using data from sources such as local surveys and the Michigan Substance Use Data Repository to guide practice and program planning.
To promote a healthier community for all by developing a sustainable and effective substance abuse prevention strategy that fills in gaps in services, prioritizes resources, and reduces overlap.
1. Reduce underage alcohol use
2. Reduce Youth Marijuana use
3. Expand Coalition capacity through partnerships
4. Increase advocacy to impact community norms and availability (ex: retail availability, social availability, etc.)
Photo credit Mike Sonnenberg Pure Saginaw